Our Sleep Physicians Dr Andrew Scott and Dr John Feenstra are proactively involved in this developing area of medicine. Our South East Queensland service provides comprehensive diagnostic services and treatment services, specialist medical clinics, CPAP clinical consultant training and education, and provides all necessary CPAP and mask equipment.
Along with fully trained sleep scientists our 2 sleep centres provide state of the art facilities and provide tertiary level diagnostic polysomnographic (PSG) sleep studies plus CPAP and Bi-level sleep investigative services.
- 5 days per week (Brisbane) plus Toowoomba and Nambour.
- Specialist medical assessments, all patients reviewed before, during and after sleep therapy
- Assessment of patients the morning after their sleep studies
The Wesley Hospital Sleep Disorders Centre
- 6 bed unit, open Monday to Friday fully staffed with scientific and nursing staff.
- Rapid assessment and turaround time for referring doctors
- Recognised centre with the Australasian Sleep Association.
- Assessment and management of all sleep disorders, including obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA), restless leg syndrome, insomnia and chronic snoring
- Management of complex sleep disorders, including narcolepsy, 'obesity-hypoventilation syndrome', Cheyne-Stokes Respiration and chronic respiratory failure tertiary level diagnostic, CPAP, Bilevel/VPAP adapt and complex disorder sleep investigations
- Management of complex multisystem ventilatory disorders, including cardiac and neurological syndromes
- Multi-team care, including clinical psychologists, sleep nurses, nutritionists, exercise physiologists and dentists (for mandibular advancement splints)
The Sunshine Coast Sleep Disorders Centre
- 3 bed unit, Monday - Wednesday, fully staffed
- Servicing Nambour and the Sunshine Coast
- Networked with our head office, with immediate technical and physician assessment available if required
- Linked with Dr Rosemary Gan, fulltime local Thoracic and Sleep Physician Sleep Screen
- Linked with Dr Scott Brown, fulltime Thoracic Physician
The TSGQ 'CPAP Clinics'
- CPAP Educators assist all patients with CPAP therapy, with full training and technical support
- Located at The Wesley Hospital, Toowoomba and Nambour Selangor Private Hospitals
- 85-90% compliance rate with CPAP therapy, significantly above national and international standards
- Providing the most up to date CPAP masks and machines
- Full rental and sales services
- Longterm outpatient management of patients with all sleep disorders, in conjunction with Sleep Physicians
Home Based Sleep Studies
- Level 2 Diagnostic Sleep Studies are available to eligible patients, conducted from our Wesley Hospital suites in Brisbane.
- Rapid turn-around times for reporting
The Wesley Sleep Research Group
- Accredited with CLINILABS , a New York based international research centre of excellence.
- Actively involved in national and international trials active recruiting patients for studies
Our sleep centres are the first private hospital services in Australia to be accredited with the NATA/ASA Sleep Disorders Services Accreditation Program and meet the high clinical standards expected in this area of medicine. The scientific standards of our staff are maintained at the highest level with senior scientists accredited with the 'Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists', 'Australasian Sleep Technologists Association' and physicians with the Australasian Sleep Association, Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand, Royal Australasian College of Physicians and American College of Chest Physicians.
By using advanced digital video software we provide a fully integrated network with high resolution streaming video for more complex sleep disorders and nocturnal epilepsy. Sleep waveforms and video monitoring utilizes network optimise MPEG-4 compression and is fully configurable for image size, frame rate storage and audio synchronization plus pin-point area zooming, panning within the image frame and frame by frame advance.
Compumedics E-series sleep systems provide cutting edge technical features to create one of the most comprehensive, network-linked systems for sleep diagnostics and sleep management in Queensland.
The E-Series monitoring system is a fully digital amplifier system and provides the most powerful and flexible physiological amplifier systems available for sleep monitoring.
For combined Sleep and EEG applications, the E-Series EEG/PSG will provide a versatile amplifier system:
- 44 amplified channels - 32 referential, 12 bipolar
- 8 inputs for ancillary devices
- 3 channels from the available oximeter - SpO2, Pulse Rate, Signal Quality Status
- 2 pressure signals from integrated transducers (Nasal pressure and CPAP flow pressures)