About Thoracic & Sleep Group Queensland
People caring about the way people breathe and sleep.
Thoracic and Sleep Group Queensland (TSGQ) was established in 2008 by Dr Andrew Scott and Dr John Feenstra to recognise the growing demand for quality, state of the art, respiratory and sleep medicine and sleep research services in Queensland.
Did you know…
The incidence of sleep disorders is increasing significantly, attributable in part to an expanding ageing population, the increasing incidence of obesity and increased awareness of these disorders within the medical community and general public. The American Journal of Medicine 2007 suggests the increase in obesity related illnesses, including sleep disordered breathing, will surpass smoking related disorders.
Thoracic and Sleep Group (QLD) is now Queensland’s fastest growing specialist thoracic and sleep medicine clinic, providing full spectrum services for the diagnosis and treatment of sleep and lung disorders. Our specialised medical team and state-of-the-art facilities ensure we provide your patients with the highest quality of thoracic and sleep medicine care.
- Full spectrum onsite diagnostic and treatment services
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Thoracic and Accredited Sleep Physicians
- CPAP successful long term therapy - 85%
- Ongoing CPAP education and support
- Fast turnaround of reports with specific fast tracking of urgent studies
- Lung function testing and patient management programs
- Short waiting lists
- No gap specialist provider for in hospital testing
- Affiliations with Wesley Research Institute, University of Queensland, Griffith University and Bond University
- Doctor owned practice
- Convenient locations in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast, all with onsite parking
- Active in sleep and respiratory research
Our mission is to provide first class clinical sleep services to patients, including providing information, education, advice and support to patients relating to all aspects of their sleep health and treatment, while respecting and honouring every patient’s rights, privacy and comfort while under the care of Thoracic and Sleep Group (QLD).
- To prepare, record and interpret polysomnography results that match and exceed AASM guidelines and QLD Health GCP regulations.
- To ensure every patient’s comfort and privacy is maintained through informative exchange of information and respectful diligence in acknowledging and responding to patient’s concerns.
- To educate patients as much as is practically and legally allowed in the ongoing diagnosis and treatment of their sleep health and respiratory health.
- Maintain a friendly, positive and confident demeanor when interacting with all of TSGQ’s clientele.
- Maintain ongoing professional relationships with our patients that facilitate a leading clinical management and follow-up services.
Our logo is Hypnos, the Greek God of sleep who was depicted in myth and literature as a gentle, benevolent force who brings the restorative gift of sleep to mortals and gods alike.